Monday, January 26, 2009

First of 2009

This is my first post of the new year. It has been almost a month since I posted! Time flies. I meant to write more, but the semester ended, speech started, and I've just been busy, busy, busy all the time. My free time is better spent relaxing my brain (read: watching tv) than blogging, I guess. Sorry, loyal readers (all four of you).

The only thing I can think to write about at this moment is my getting sick. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I have an awful cough, a fever, and all those achy joints which point to illness. I was fine at about 2. It was all downhill from there. It being the first week of the semester, I really need to try and tough it out without a sick day, so the hubby is getting me some cough syrup as I write. I was very sick in the middle of December, right before we left for Jamaica, and I thought that would be it for the year. But apparently, I was wrong. Ick. I'm even feeling worse now than when it occurred to me to post (inspired by Bonnie, who hadn't posted since Dec. 14, and has posted 2 good posts since I last checked).

Off to bed, I guess. Or at least laying on the couch wrapped in a blankie. Yes. I said blankie. I revert to childlike behaviors when I'm sick. But then, doesn't everyone?

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am a mean child when I am sick.

Anonymous said...

Make that 5 readers! It's a bad season for sickness. Colin might be a strep throat carrier. (Weird rash thing going on with him.) The two of you can be sick together at least. Feel better soon!

Molly said...

Stop getting sick, you jerkface.