Tuesday, November 13, 2007

500

Times I cursed my alt plan paper? Tissues I used to wipe away the tears of frustration? Dollars I paid for the credits? Cups of coffee enjoyed in the last month?

None of these. Sheets of paper printed at Kinko's yesterday. By eliminating the superfluous Appendix B (50+ pages), my APP ended up being exactly 100 pages. Title page, sign off page, acknowledgement page, table of contents (2), and a 95-page documents with all the information you would ever want to know about NCLB and more equaled exactly 100 pages. Of course, I printed five copies, for those of you who are not math geniuses. A stack of cotton paper over five inches thick, signatures at the ready, and a knowing smile from the woman at the graduate office receiving desk.

Now, it is officially done, an email of approval and acceptance to prove it. No more waiting, wondering, worrying if my committee will like it: they did. One has intentions as using it as a reference in her Comm Pedagogy class. Yay me.

I know this is the umpteenth time I've written about this in the last month and a half, but I don't care. I'm damn proud, not to mention relieved. It's my paper and I'll brag if I want to :-).

Party: December 15th.

3 comments:

Les said...

Way to go Em. I new it would be nothing less than great. I wish I were going to be around for the party!

Jen said...

Congrats! ALthough I would expect nothing less! I am sad that I will no longer be around for the party either. I feel as though you, Les and I should have our own little party when we get there to celebrate! Love ya!

Medea Zorba said...

Ha ha, you said superfluous!

(I don't know why that's funny.)