Friday, September 21, 2007

My First Meme

Molly did this meme on her blog this week, and she "tagged" anyone reading it who hadn't done a meme lately. Well, I've never done one on my blog, so here goes...

Seven Things I Plan To Do Before I Die:

1. Travel more. My small taste of international travel from college has kept me dreaming of all the many places I'd like to go.
2. Live in the country. Even if just for awhile, or during the summer, I'd like to experience the quiet.
3. Have children. I am eager to be a mother, and will adopt if necessary; I sometimes think mothering will be my greatest skill. We'll find out in a few years :-).
4. Write a book. Textbook? Novel? Memoir? Children's? The choices are many, I just know one exists in my future somewhere.
5. Donate a significant amount of money to an important cause. I volunteer and give money each year to some good causes, but I'd like to some day be in a position to make a big difference instead of a small one.
6. Learn to sew well. I am dabbling in square things, but I have the urge to do more. I have a student who makes most of her own clothes, and I am very impressed.
7. Have a vegetable garden. Living in the country will help with this immensely :-).

Seven Things I Can Do:

1. Teach a room of thirty-six students how to properly structure an introduction for a speech. (Guess what we did this week in class?)
2. Laugh at myself.
3. Get lost in good literature.
4. Say the alphabet backwards as fast as forwards.
5. Drive a manual transmission.
6. See the beauty in small things.
7. Appreciate how blessed I am to have my husband, friends, and family.

Seven Things I Can't Do:

1. Get over my sister living in Arkansas.
2. Convince my new puppy to sleep at night.
3. Shoot a left-handed lay-up.
4. Ignore people.
5. Keep my mouth shut.
6. Wake up before ten unless my alarm is set.
7. Live up to my own expectations.

Seven Things That Attract Me to People:
1. Commitment
2. Honesty
3. Work ethic
4. Motivation
5. Confidence
6. Sense of humor
7. Joy

Seven Things I Say Most:
1. I love you.
2. Listen, please!
3. (and then…) I said please!
4. Good morning, (insert student name here).
5. Jersey, come! (and now Phoebe, come!)
6. Thank you.
7. I’m hungry :-).

Seven Celebrity Crushes:
1. Justin Morneau
2. Taye Diggs
3. Angelina Jolie
4. Katherine Heigl
5. Anderson Cooper
6. Leonardo DiCaprio
7. T.R. Knight (I know he’s gay, but I don’t care. Numbers 3 and 4 aren’t gay and neither am I, but it doesn’t mean I can’t admire…)

Seven People I am tagging:
1. Jen S.
2. Leslie (so she has to start a blog)
3. Angie O. (so she’ll actually post on her blog)
4. Chad (same reason as Angie)
5. And anyone else
6. who reads my blog
7. and has one of their own on which to post!

No comments: